Friday, June 5, 2009

Billy Nearly Ready for Show



I should say Billy AND I are nearly ready for the show next Friday. Dianne and I trimmed him again after receiving advice from the Groomer's Forum. We took Billy out so that he and I could practice ring work, stacking, moving, etc. It isn't as easy as it looks to properly pace your dog around the ring. I was all over the place and so was he. It was like a three ring circus at first. But we are finally getting it and it is coming together. I am excited and nervous all at the same time.























































We don't expect Billy to take any ribbons but just to get experience as well as for me too. I was a little taken aback when Dianne told me today that there are 20+ dogs entered. When I checked last year's stats, there were no where near that many. I entered thinking that there would be about 8 and there wouldn't be as much pressure or distraction for either of us. Oh, well. We're just going to jump right into the frying pan and do our best.

No comments: