Wednesday, April 29, 2009

New Baby Taffy


We purchased our new baby standard poodle last week. She is ten weeks old and her call name is Taffy. Her AKC name is Wyspinook Dancing With Magic of Leatherstocking. Now there's a mouth full. LOL She is a beautiful apricot with and angelic face. Don't let her fool you though. She is a spitfire. Nothing like Billy. She comes from a home that breeds pet and show line dogs. She has the 'show me' attitude which is very cute and very annoying all at the same time.

Taffy is a mamma's girl for sure. I can't move without her being right on my feet. She has stolen my husband's heart as well.

Taffy already has several nicknames like Taffer, Tafferoo, Taff, Taffdoo, beauty, little love, and so on. Whew! I'm getting too old to keep up with all of this.

Taffy is my baby but she was added to Wispynook as part of our breeding program and she will go into show as a puppy at six months.

Wispynook is my sister, Dianne's, kennel name. She has had dogs for 30 years and has been breeding and finished some of her Brittany Spaniels in the past. We found we loved the poodle breed and decided to buy puppies that we would co-own and do the show and breed thing as well as bringing them to visit the sick. It is quite a site to see us coming with five poodles.



Billy and Taffy live with me. Dianne has Billy's sister, Grace, a silver poodle a.k.a. Wispynook Amazing Grace, and a lovely chocolate name Angel, a.k.a. Wishpynook Angel Gabriel. She also owns a toy poodle named Court Jester and he sure is. If there is going to be trouble, he's in the middle of it or instigated it!


Pretty profile after grooming











DON'T LET THOSE EYES FOOL YOU!!


Couldn't you just squeeze her?

2 comments:

Expressions By Donna said...

Great job on the blog!! I enjoyed seeing your new baby girl!!
~Donna

Deborah A Calnan said...

Thank you, Donna. I was a little intimidated at first since I missed your class, but I think it's OK.